Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Review of Ramiel's Symphony by EJ Brock

I have been kicking myself for several months.  Why? Because I've been sitting on this amazing book series and I wished I had started on it sooner.  Our book club's selection this past weekend was Brock's Redemption by EJ Brock.  After I re read the first book to better facilitate the discussion, I started on book 2 yesterday, and let me tell you, it's just as good as the first one.  And you know it's an amazing book if I read it in 2 day. 



Ramiel is one of the Nephlim watchers and is Brock's second in command.  Ramiel has a "type" when it comes to women, but his thought quickly changes when he finally meets his "Spirit Mate" Symphony.  Symphony is Jodi's cousin (Brock's wife and Spirit Mate, and Yes, you will need to read the first book in the series) who has been through a tragedy in her life that almost took her life.  When she and Ram finally meet,  he is the only man that Symphony has let touch her, including her father and brothers.  I also enjoyed the sub story line of Doc (Brock's long lost brother) finding his spirit mate Kwanita.  Doc was just so sweet, naive and innocent, it was endearing seeing that.

One of the most central themes from this book is forgiveness.  I was once told by another favorite author that guilt is the devil's best weapon against a christian.  Ram is dealing with guilt from not finding Symphony before to prevent what happened to her.  He is having an extremely hard time forgiving his self, even though others are not blaming him for it. But as you get towards the end you will see some well needed changes.

Now this is not your typical Christian Fiction, but these are amazing books, and I am totally in love and addicted to this series.  Now it's soon time to break out the next book in the series. 


Book 1 (Brock's Redemption)
http://amzn.to/2mgtHya

Book 2 (Ramiel's Symphony)
http://amzn.to/2qKk7cd

No comments:

Post a Comment