Sunday, February 17, 2019

Church Girls by Sheridan S. Davis Review

Title:  Church Girls
Author: Sheridan D. Davis
Genre:  Christian Fiction
Rating:  ❤❤❤❤






Although I'm more partial to reading about couples that are my age or older, I wasn't sure what to expect from a couple that are in their 20's and 30's. And since I had a subscription to Kindle unlimited, I decided to try this book.  Although I don't like cliffhangers, I enjoyed reading this book.  There was a touch of predictability and a couple of issues that probably would have been caught with maybe one more proofread, but it didn't take away from the story.  There were several things that caught my attention while reading the story




1)  The characters were authentic, and there was accountability while the main couple, Darrien Roberts and Shyanne Lawson were dating while being Christians.  The author did a good job in that aspect.




2) I was pleasantly shocked at the Bishop and his wife reaction to a certain situation in the story.  Being a preacher's daughter, I was expecting a different reaction from them, especially Bishop Lawson




3)  While Shyanne and Darrien were dating, they had a real conversation of what they expected from each other and they showed real life emotions and those emotions came through in the story. 




4)  Both individual persons had a tribe of friends that didn't sugarcoat anything, and that's what's needed. 




I'm hoping the author doesn't get discouraged, because I really enjoyed the book and am looking for the sequel as well as future books and her backlog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment