Sunday, May 12, 2019

Review of Forever With You and The Sweet Taste Of Seduction

Title:  Forever with You and The Sweet Taste of Seduction
Authors:  Kianna Alexander and Joy Avery
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin/Kimani
Rating 💜💜💜💜💜




Although I'm saddened that the Kimani line is closing down, I have to say the authors have been going out with a bang. 

In the first story, Forever with you by Kianna Alexander, we meet Savion Monroe, CEO of his family's Real Estate company, who feels that he's the only one that takes the family business seriously since his brother and sister have gotten married.  That is until he meets Jazmin Boyd, who works on the tv show his sister in Law/Jazmin's best friend is the show's star.  Secrets are revealed, trust is broken and they have to make tough choices.

There were several things I loved about the book.  1) you see some of the inner workings of what it takes to put a tv show together and you could tell a lot of research went into that  because it was very vivid and realistic.  I also loved how the characters interacted toward each other, especially between Savion's parents, Carver and Viola Monroe.  This was a great story, and I need to see if the other two siblings have stories, because I definitely need to read those.

In The Sweet Taste of Seduction by Joy Avery, Delaine Atwater is on her way to North Carolina, after a bitter divorce, and because her Uncle left her his vineyard in his will.  Determined to start life over, she runs into Rancher, Ray Cavanaugh, and they both attempt to squash their budding attraction to each other, without success.  Add in some characters that are just plain ignorant and hilarious, made this book a very heartwarming and funny read.

Truthfully, my favorite characters were June Cavanaugh, Ray's mother as well as Aunt Annie and Aunt Fannie.  There were several jaw dropping moment as well as times I almost dropped my kindle from the shock value and the laughter.  The ending was hilarious as well.  I also appreciated the fact that you could tell the research was done into kidney failure.  And when Delanie's ex, Cordell came back into the picture, I wanted to take a cattle prod to his foolish behind. 
Both of these stories were well written and I enjoyed them very much

I received a copy of this book for an honest review.  All Thoughts and opinions are my own.
#harperscourtliteraryblog
#cillasbookmaniacs

Link to Purchase
https://amzn.to/2E2qXy4

No comments:

Post a Comment