Thursday, December 12, 2019

Book Review: Pose by Niko Michelle

Title:  Pose: My Beauty, My Standards
Author: Niko Michelle
Genre:  Women's Ficton
Rating:  💣💣💣💣💣

About the book
After continuous criticism, Quinn takes extreme measure to pursue her dreams and fill voids in her life. She wanted to be accepted. She needed validation. She started doing things that compromised her worth, almost took her life, and sent her into hiding. After resurfacing, Quinn opens her own modeling agency where she sets out to redefine beauty. Just as things are finally coming together, tragedy and scandal shake up her world. Will this send her back into hiding or will she come out on top?

My Review:
I had to stop several times.  Not because the book was bad, but the total opposite.  It was such a well written story that had me in my feelings.  I had to stop because it brought up things from the past I thought I had resolved.   I lived some of Quinn's life, so I felt every emotions she did with certain aspects of the story.  I also loved seeing her growth throughout the story.  Another thing I appreciated about the story was the aspect about seeing a therapist, which I will continue to stay in our community we need to embrace it a lot more.    This was an amazing and very well written story and I'm excited to see what's next in store for the author.  

Link for Purchase
https://amzn.to/35cEWwF

No comments:

Post a Comment