Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Author Spotlight: Evangelist and Minister Jamesina Greene

This has been in the works for a while, and with everything that has been going on, I felt it was the right time to put it out.  This post is to spotlight authors that don't have a strong following, but are important to the literary community.  Today's spotlight is Author, Evangelist and Preacher, Jamesina Greene.  Let's get to know a little more about her.



HC:  How did you get started on your literary journey

JG:   I have always loved to read. With this love for reading, I began to write down things as a way to deal with life. I began writing book manuscript; plays and poems as a teenager.

HC:   How has your faith helped you endure your illness

JG:   My Faith has served as an anchor during these last few years with multiple Chronic Illnesses. When my circumstances seem unstable, my Faith is the Foundation upon which I stand.

HC:   In your spare time, which authors are on your TBR list

JG:  Oh my! I read just about any genre, so it is difficult to just list a few.HC:  What is your favorite underappreciated book

HC:   Tell us about your organization, A Mother's Cry? How did it come About?

JG:  Many years ago, I began to pay attention to the fact that so many of my Son’s friends had Mothers who were barely involved in their lives. The majority of these young men were being raised by single Mothers. They didn’t attend their sons Sports Events and at times these boys would stay at my house and there would be no calls from Mom asking about them. Observing this for a period of time, I felt the need to organize a Forum to address the needs and concerns of the Mothers so that they could be the very best versions of themselves.  Thus, “A Mothers Cry” was birthed.



     HC:  How long have you been writing?

JG:  I have been writing about 40 years. I have written several Non-Fiction Mini Books as a way to exercise the Writer in me. I began writing a Novel, but “life” happened and I haven’t completed it yet. Prayerfully, it will be completed this year.


     HC:  What is the most difficult part about writing for you?

JG: The most difficult part about writing, for me, is to just write. I have a habit of proofreading and editing as I write.


HC:  What is the most surprising thing you discovered while writing your book(s)?

JG:  So far, the most surprising thing that I have discovered while writing is that I write more eloquently than I speak.



HC:  Have you ever thought of writing in a different genre?

JG:  Yes, I have thought of writing in other Genres, Fiction and Romance.



HC:  Tell us about your first published book? What was the journey like?

JG:    My first published book is, “Help, I Don’t Like Myself!” It was written as a result of my being admitted into a Mental Health Facility and the ongoing Therapy Sessions, etc. As expected, it was a very challenging experience to revisit the myriad emotions that writing stirred up. I published this book through a Publisher I met in GA, but after that experience, I decided to self-publish.



HC:   Favorite quote (doesn’t matter the source)

JG:  There are A LOT of quotes that inspire and motivate me, but one of my favorite is, “Broken Crayons Still Color.” I considered myself to be a culmination of broken pieces and yet, my brokenness is what makes me unique and valuable.


HC:   Favorite book/story you have read as an adult


JG:  As and Adult, I think my favorite book would be, “The Hand I Fan With” by Tina McElroy Ansa.


HC:   Favorite book when you were a kid


JG:  As a Child, I loved the “Little House on the Prairie” books.


HC:   What Piece of advice would you give an aspiring author?


JG:  I would encourage an Aspiring Writer to write, write, write and to find THEIR Voice and don’t be afraid to use it. Be inspired by others, but be YOU.


HC:   Where can readers purchase your books?


JG:  Currently, my books are available on Amazon, under Jamesina Greene and Jami Greene.


HC:  How can readers follow/keep up with you?


JG:  Readers and follow and keep up with me on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and via email: destne2017@gmail.com


FACEBOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/jamee.greene1?ref=br_rs
AMAZON PAGE:
https://www.amazon.com/JAMESINA-GREENE/e/B00AB7K3I6?ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1&qid=1588187739&sr=8-1
ORGANIZATION PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/A-Mothers-CRY-156170247759211/?__tn__=kCH-R&eid=ARCLWKqp1khJ30R8rxEkvp_HI7114loDoUTaNgDb50SjN5blN9KmtQoBPBzo_dV_qFXv-9zj9ToI_M20&hc_ref=ARRsczJC0yWHqengxtew5vRj2Bthy1bepqq7fBlBbwAPXa-ABFAKW0U4MkcTvnBXn8c&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARBZyIdNwczAFUFDkNQszkyGR0ZlrCTFd8zIrUggxwFT1ZmY13mz_8zJTTI8LPX24J9RoMBhMRZ08SFrWY6BGJssf-WWPqUDPPfY3PYs8O_bOhqEpPxZzw-zM-HxFERFsPZwDwLExbbO-leFLixOlZ1Ou27KsgyzaWEzO4MaOJTWoBWvbf-73iXSNeWC4V97LtGcYAqNAlzXwZHcskQETiOkU32-ZEWtUyHn81P56NNBr4GtOaL3ZlSbT-phHj8ue98CJdpV2VVl2btQ-xGcgqenOMm8KlIbyIR9PlejwP8Pd12Q32hzp90zsmex8oOprBB5wlbGLurG9qgr




No comments:

Post a Comment