Thursday, June 7, 2018

Wasted on Gospel

People that know me, will know that I am a christian and I am a fan of gospel music.  Well, you can say I got wasted over the last 7 days with live gospel music.  I have several videos on my YouTube Pages.

First off, there was the 33 annual Chicago Gospel Fest that happened in Millennium Park June 1 and 2.  Not only was I able to see my baby brother sing with his group, VJ McCoy and Worship Experience, I was able to see other local as well as national gospel Artists.

The day started off at the Chicago Cultural Center where we heard acts from Morgan Park High School Gospel Choir,  VJ McCoy and Worship Experience,  Meesha, a Gospel Hip Hop Showcase featuring Milton Calvin, Hector Dominguez and DNell,  Wendell Parker, LaVargna Hubbard, and Elder Thomas Singers.  








After that, it's time to get settled in the park.  Some opt to sit on the provided chairs, while the rest of us bring our own chairs or blankets, coolers with food and sit on the lawn.  Of Course, I brought all my stuff and sat on the beautiful lush lawn.  







The Show on Friday was hosted by Moody Radio's Urban Praise Effie Rolfe and 102.3's Keno and started off at 5:30 with Pastor Dan Willis and ChoZen Youth Choir 150!,  Chicago Church Girls Rock Too! featuring Ev3, Keshia McFarland and Kristen Lowe,  The Canton Spirituals, and one of my Favorite's, Israel & New Breed






Saturday They started off with several workouts, including Zumba and Yoga (no, I wasn't participating in those, lol.)  They also had Health and youth stages that included screenings for the bone marrow registry, hepatitis C and HIV, Kid's Activities and The Youth Stage.


Saturday Evening started off with a little hiccup, but none the less, it proceeded.  Starting at 5:15 and Hosted by 1390's Marcella Jones, Sonia Blakley and Pastor Deandre Patterson, there was a tribute to the Late great Edwin Hawkins.  The tribute included artist such as Beverly Crawford, Pastor Deandre Patterson, Jason Nelson, Dewayne Woods, Anita Wilson (Another one of my Favorites) and Many More.  Next up was Gospel House Music featuring Lemmie Battles and others.  Then it was time for The Canton Spirituals and then the Walls Group.  Both acts were phenomenal.  The Last act of the evening was someone I've wanted to see perform live for a while.  Donald Lawrence and the reunion of the Tri City Singers.  Not only did they do several old ones, including one that's gotten me through many times, Encourage Yourself, they performed their new single, Goshen which is a song of protection















It's not over.  On Sunday Night, I went to a live recording of another brother from another mother.  He sings with Chris Hearne and Priesthood.  They started off with a Christian Rapper named Young Saint.  The Group sung new songs as well as oldies but goodies like The Blood will Never Loose it's Power, Holy, Holy, Holy, as well as modernized versions of Nothing But the Blood of Jesus and What a Friend We have in Jesus.  I can't wait for this cd to come out.  I will be buying it.  






My final stop was Last night at Moody Bible College Radio, where one of their substations, Urban Praise, featured an Up Close and Personal with Jonathan McReynolds.  The Facebook LIve stream can be found on the Urban Praise Radio Station Facebook page Here.  And trust me, It got kinda personal 😂😂😂😂.  One of the other great things was that I finally got to meet my Facebook Friend, Miss. Effie Rolfe.  I kinda followed her from 1390 when she moved to Urban Praise Radio.  We were able to get pictures with him after he performed a few songs (For some reason, I thought he was going to be shorter than me, lol)  .  Also His Live Performance of his newest album, Make Room,  will be streaming on Tv One This Sunday, June 10th,  at 8 EST/7 CST.  





I have to say, These were some of the best event's I"ve been to so far this year, and I had an amazing time.  



1 comment:

  1. Hello a Preacher's girl. I am also a Preacher from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love music and I blessed to go through your blog post with the pictures of gospel singers. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in music and the Lord Jesus Christ. I love getting c onnected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. WE reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your team of gospel music and singers to encourage our young people and also to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. god's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete